Krav Maga, which means "contact combat" in Hebrew, is an easy-to-understand/remember aggressive system of self-defense. Idiot's Guides(R) Krav Maga will not only define what it is, but also review the principles and systems of techniques and training to ensure survival. Combining in-depth information and easy-to-understand illustrated instructions, this guide will be a wonderful tool to help train both men and women on how to protect themselves, deal with threatening situations, and reverse dangerous situations where they're at a disadvantage. Idiot's Guides(R) Krav Maga covers: - The origination of Krav Maga: its history, birthplace, philosophy, and why it was created.
- The core essentials of Krav Maga's theory and practice.
- A review of how to condition the body and mind to outside threats and violence.
- An understanding of not only the physical aspect of Krav Maga, but how it is part of the bigger picture of personal protection.
- The thought process of the attacker and how to avoid potentially dangerous situations, if possible.
- How Krav Maga differs from martial arts, primarily in terms of not following handed down fighting rules and techniques.
- A breakdown of the belts in Krav Maga (yellow, orange, green, blue, brown, black), what it takes to attain them, and the differences between them.
- Step-by-step illustrated directions on the popular stances, positions, movements, kick/punch strikes, falls, joint locks, deflections, and techniques from the basics to advanced moves.
- How to use body weight, your most powerful muscles, and momentum to defeat an attacker.
- Instruction on protecting the body and weapons defense, in addition to mastering escapes.